Army ROTC High School Scholarship
The scholarship pays:
- Full tuition plus mandatory fees
- A $1,200 per year book allowance
- A $420 tax-free stipend based on academic status during the academic year
- Applications are available on-line at the Cadet Command website: CREATE MY GOARMY ACCOUNT
- After creating My GoArmy Account - Scholarship Application here: SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Guidance on how to fill out the scholarship application can be found at: APPLICATION GUIDANCE
- Deadlines vary but are typically February/March of your senior year
High School Scholarships:
- Be a US Citizen
- Be 17 by October of the semester you are entering college and must not reach 31 years of age before December 31st of the year you graduate from college and receive your commission
- Have a minimum high school GPA of 2.5
- Be a high school graduate or possess an equivalent certificate by September of the year you will enter college
- Receive a waiver for any arrest or civil conviction (if applicable)
- Have no moral or personal conviction that will prevent you from:
- Bearing arms.
- Supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States.
Although medical qualification is not required to be eligible to receive a scholarship offer, medical qualification is required in order to receive the scholarship benefits. To receive the scholarship benefits you must also agree to accept a commission and serve in the Army on Active Duty or in a Reserve Component (Army National Guard, or U.S. Army Reserve) upon graduation and receipt of your commission. For application deadlines and detailed requirements, see the Cadet Command Website at http://www.goarmy.com/rotc/high-school-students/four-year-scholarship.html
*Average competitive scores in Colorado are a 3.57 unweighted GPA, 26 on the ACT and 1226 on the SAT.
Read More About
Army ROTC - Department of Military Science
University of Colorado-Colorado Springs and Colorado State University - Pueblo